Program & Project Management
Are your managers actually leading teams, or are they spending time reactively collecting and reporting status? Let SQE Consulting show you how to get out ahead of your teams and bring greater efficiency to the development process.
SQE Consulting believes that every successful initiative requires leadership with deep technical experience, the skills to facilitate open communication, and discipline to enforce best practices. SQE Consulting managers are seasoned professionals with proven expertise in agile project management, applied technical experience, and enterprise-level facilitation skills. We believe the start of a successful project or program is putting the right people in place and letting them execute.
SQE Consulting project managers have deep expertise in the application of agile development best practices, and have real-world experience in custom development, system integration, and COTS implementation projects. All SQE Consulting managers are expert at clarifying a business vision and leading development teams during delivery. When you engage SQE Consulting to manage your project, you can expect:
- Mission Clarity: We ensure there is no ambiguity with regard to the goals, drivers, priorities or assumptions associated with the initiative. Every member of the team – from product manager, to engineer, to tester—have the same vision and are moving towards the same goals.
- Organizational Transparency: Combining state-of-the-art tools and simple communication, SQE Consulting managers ensure the entire organization is aware of the current state of the initiative. All stakeholders will be aware of the successes as well as the opportunities for improvement. Your organization will move forward in unison.
- Measurable Quality: The number and severity of defects, missed requirements, and miscommunications on requirements will measurably decrease as our managers impose rigor to the process and help your teams adopt the XP development best practices.
- Schedule Predictability: Our managers will help your team sharpen their skills around estimation of effort, delivering high quality code and understanding their iteration "velocity". This new predictability in delivery capacity causes a powerful, positive ripple effect through the organization as enterprise- or program-level planning becomes dependable for the first time.
- Development Efficiency: Your teams will move faster as our project managers help them gain a mastery over the process and best practices.
Program Management Offices (PMO) are typically established with all the right intentions: link all projects to strategic and operational plans, ensure adequate and skilled staff, enforce desired best practices, and all the other tasks required to manage program delivery. In practice, most quickly devolve into little more than stale RYG status reports, documentation-driven gate reviews, and meeting facilitation. They end up being a cost center you can live without.
The SQE Consulting agile PMO is a disciplined, best practice based framework for scaling agile to the enterprise. Whether establishing a PMO for the first time or searching for ways to improve the value of an existing PMO, SQE Consulting can help you maximize the organizational benefits of a PMO by leveraging our unique agile approach. We understand that all successful PMOs share the same three basic characteristics: the right processes; the right tools; and the right people. Once in place, the Agile PMO focuses your projects on what is really important:
- Linking every effort to the stated corporate strategy
- Demanding regular, incremental delivery of business value
- Identifying and mitigating the highest priority risk
- Educating and mentoring
- Estimation management and education
- Highlighting diminishing returns on existing efforts
- Project cost management
For more information on SQE Consulting professional services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904.278.0524 x 212.