Documents don't ensure successful delivery...people do. Let us show you how to create an actionable development plan in weeks, not months.
Traditional methodologies require business stakeholders to spend months dedicated to planning efforts such as vision definition, requirements documentation, and schedule creation. Once planning is completed, stakeholders typically return to their "day job" with the sense that the mission is well understood and delivery is assured. This approach feels good up front but usually ends in disappointment. In fact, traditional requirements gathering practices do far more than simply disappoint; they lead to serious waste by:
- Diverting the focus of product managers from their day-to-day, market-focused responsibilities for the duration of the planning exercise
- Expending effort in documenting requirements that are likely to become lower priorities in the future
- Generating effort estimates based on technical assumptions rather than on learning gained from technical prototypes and technical spiking efforts
- "Locking in" a development schedule that ultimately leads to discussions of scope versus quality
SQE Consulting's pragmatic adoption of the agile methodology allows us to arrive at a more flexible, actionable, and defensible plan in weeks, not months. With a rare blend of business acumen, facilitation experience, and technical depth, the SQE Consulting team will guide you through a rapid process of defining the highest business value requirements, selecting the best development tools and technologies, assembling a team, and building a development-ready plan that is able to react to shifting demands. At the end of a typical Envision session, your team is prepared to begin development with:
- Goals defined and agreed upon by initiative stakeholders
- Roles and responsibilities assigned and put in context of a repeatable development process
- Detailed, developer-actionable project plan for the initial 3-6 months
- "Roadmap" charting the currently proposed direction of the initiative over the next several years. This roadmap includes a prioritized feature backlog, ready for future delivery.
- Wireframe prototypes of the system, including several "look-and-feel" concepts for representative pages
- System architecture diagram
- Established development environment, including a project wiki, defect tracker, continuous integration server, and necessary test automation tools
For more information on SQE Consulting professional services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904.278.0524 x 212.