- Understand how test automation fits into agile iterations
- Learn how to automate functional regression tests in an agile environment
- Know how to design automated tests for maximum effectiveness
- Keep your testing efforts in sync with iterations
Agile teams deliver “potentially” shippable software at the end of every iteration (one to four weeks), or even possibly every day. This goal can't be achieved without automated tests and many teams struggle with test automation. The challenge of automating functional regression tests frightens many testers, who feel their skills aren’t up to the job. How do we deliver good quality when we have to release so often?
By combining a collaborative team approach with appropriate tools and design approaches, over time you can not only automate your regression tests, but also use automation to enhance exploratory testing. In this interactive course, Janet Gregory describes how to use automation early and guide development; what tests should be automated; works through ways to overcome common barriers to automation. Janet will use examples to learn how to design automated tests for maximum effectiveness and ease of maintenance. Find out different approaches for evaluating and implementing automated test tools, shortening feedback cycles, creating realistic test data, and evaluating your automation efforts.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand how to fit automation activities within each iteration so that testing “keeps up” with coding.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who is either planning to automate or is struggling with automation in their agile project. No technical skills or experience are required; all technical concepts will be explained. Basic knowledge of agile methodology is a definite asset.
In order to receive your certification in Agile Testing from the ICAgile you should also complete Fundamentals of Agile Certification. At the completion of both courses you will be awarded your Agile Testing certification by the ICAgile. Students not looking for certification and only taking the Agile Testing course should already have a good knowledge of agile principles and how agile teams function. The ICAgile certification fee is an additional $45 and will be added at registration for your convenience.
Day 1: 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
Day 2: 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
Overcome Common Obstacles
Succeed Using Agile Principles
Whole team approach
Using small chunks
Using tests as documentation
Use Automation to “Keep Up”
Understand what to automate
- Agile test pyramid
- Agile testing quadrants
Guiding development with tests
Leveraging automation for exploratory testing
Managing tests effectively
Evaluate and Implement Tools
Choosing the right tools
Evaluate your automation effort
Virtual Package Includes:
- Easy course access: You attend training right from your computer, and communication is handled by a phone conference bridge utilizing Cisco’s WebEx technology. That means you can access your training course quickly and easily and participate freely.
- Live, expert instruction: See and hear your instructor presenting the course materials and answering your questions in real-time.
- Valuable course materials: Our live-virtual training uses the same valuable course materials as our classroom training. Students will have direct access to the course materials.
- Hands-on exercises: An essential component to any learning experience is applying what you have learned. Using the latest technology, your instructor can provide students with hands-on exercises, group activities, and breakout sessions.
- Real-time communication: Communicate real-time directly with the instructor. Ask questions, provide comments, and participate in the class discussions.
- Peer interaction: Networking with peers has always been a valuable part of any classroom training. Live-virtual training gives you the opportunity to interact with and learn from the other attendees during breakout sessions, course lecture, and Q&A.
- Convenient schedule: Course instruction is divided into modules no longer than three hours per day. This schedule makes it easy for you to get the training you need without taking days out of the office and setting aside projects.
- Small class size: Live-virtual courses are limited to the same small class sizes as our instructor-led training. This provides you with the opportunity for personal interaction with the instructor.