- Be a servant leader
- Build a roadmap of success for adopting agile
- Build a cohesive agile team via appropriate team structure, workplace design and team roles
- Plan and execute short development iterations to get to market early and often
- Quickly change direction in response to competitive pressures and marketplace changes
- Adapt via an inspect-and-adapt feedback cycle, project retrospectives and plus-delta feedback
- Break down the barriers between development and the business
- Focus on customer satisfaction and interaction instead of plans and artifacts
- Use progressive elaboration via rolling-wave planning instead of single-pass waterfall delivery
- Experience and practice how to be a ScrumMaster within a simulated project
- Make the paradigm shift from top down to distributed control
Eliminate Barriers to Development Success
Scrum is an agile development method for project management that removes barriers between your customers and the development team. Using the Scrum approach, your organization will more easily meet market and customer needs while attaining its ROI objectives for your project. As a trained ScrumMaster, you will help improve the quality of life and productivity for all members of your team. Implementing Scrum boosts productivity, unleashes creativity, provides “quick wins” for your team, and improves the quality of your software.
Get lined up for two certifications while you dive deeper into agile methods
This three-day ScrumMaster certification course provides everything you need to begin leading or participating in a Scrum team. You will learn the essential concepts and tools of Scrum, differences between agile processes and traditional "waterfall" methodologies, and how to build a roadmap for adopting agile at your organization. Participants will learn how to lead development teams towards agile operations by: managing product backlogs, planning releases and sprints, tracking and reporting progress, and conducting retrospectives.
In this interactive training, you’ll spend the first day learning the impact and history of the agile movement. We’ll introduce all of the major agile practices, specifically eXtreme Programming, Lean, DSDM, Crystal, Kanban, and of course Scrum. In the second part of the intensive training, we’ll move from the why to the how, with the ScrumMaster Certification training. On Day 3, we will round out the material by covering agile project management with Kanban, and agile software development with XP. This course goes well beyond the basics to equip students with the practical advice, real world examples and simulation exercises necessary to transition traditional project managers into agile project managers. You’ll not only leave the three-day training with a greater understanding of the agile movement and knowledge towards Scrum and PMI-ACP℠ certifications, but also with a new confidence in your skills as a project leader and a new network of fellow agile practitioners.
Who Should Attend
Product and line managers, project managers, developers, testers, business analysts, and anyone interested in learning more about Scrum and agile methods.
Course Completion and Certification
Successful attendees receive Scrum training materials, a 12-month membership in the ScrumAlliance, and are eligible to take an exam, which will qualify them as Certified ScrumMasters (CSMs) upon successful completion. In addition, attendees will be well positioned to take the PMI-ACP℠ exam. Also, this course will count toward the PMI-ACP℠ training requirement of 21 PDUs.
- 21 PDUs toward PMI–ACP℠ certification
- Membership in ScrumAlliance ($50 value)
- Managing Agile Projects book discount
3-day Course Outline
DAY 1 - Understanding Scrum
A case for change
Scrum process overview
Scrum project simulation
DAY 2 - The Scrum Process
Roles and responsibilities
- Product Owner
- The Team
DAY 3 - PMI-ACP Extension to Scrum
PMI-ACP exam overview
Agile software development with XP
Beyond agile with Lean
Agile project management revisited
APM with Scrum
Practice Certified ScrumMaster Exam (second day of the course 3:30 - 5:00 p.m).
Times represent the typical daily schedule. Please confirm your schedule at registration.
• 21 Contact hours required for PMI-ACP Exam (exam fees are your responsibility)
• Ability to take the Certified ScrumMaster Exam (exam fees included in class)