- Explore agile software development methodologies and approaches
- Understand differences between agile and traditional methodologies
- Learn how agile practices and principles improve the software development process
- Discover the major steps required to successfully plan and execute an agile software project
- Explore the leading agile development best practices
- Believing that agile says you don’t need to document your software
- Forgetting about doing unit testing as part of the development process
- Adopting Scrum without adopting appropriate agile development practices as well
- Believing that agile means you don’t need to do architecture or design when building software
- Managing requirements using agile
- Defining and estimating user stories
- Building a release plan
- Using Scrum-based project management
- Delivering software using Extreme Programming
Bring your specific issues and problems to the training course for discussion as well.
SQE Training recommends this class both as a prerequisite for those seeking ICAgile's Agile Testing certifications and those practitioners who recognize the need to focus on “being” agile in addition to “doing” agile.
Who Should Attend
The audience includes software developers, software test professionals, project managers, business analysts, product managers, and line of business owners. No specific prerequisites are assumed; however, attendees are expected to have some software experience.
Course Completion and Certification
Upon completion of this course the attendee will be certified by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) and awarded the ICAgile Professional (ICP) designation. Additionally, the certified attendees will be listed on the ICAgile website, indicating their Professional designation and that they have completed all the learning objectives associated with the Fundamentals of Agile track.
About the ICAgile
The International Consortium for Agile’s goal is to foster thinking and learning around agile methods, skills, and tools. The ICAgile, working with experts and organizations across agile development specialties, has captured specific learning objectives for the different agile development paths and put them on the learning roadmap. For more information visit www.icagile.com. The ICAgile certification fee is an additional $45 and will be added at registration for your convenience.
2-Day Course Outline
Introduction to Agile
What is agile?
Benefits of agile
Why does agile work?
Myths about agile
Who is using agile?
Agile Software Process
Overall agile development process
Agile best practices
Introduction to Scrum
The planning process
- Initial release planning
- Iterative sprint planning
Roles during initial planning
Building good user stories
Building a release plan
Introduction to extreme programming (XP)
Iterative development process
Key meetings and activities
- Sprint kickoff
- Daily Scrums
- Sprint planning
- User acceptance testing and reviews
Roles During Sprints
Agile Development Best Practices
Test-driven development (TDD) and unit testing
Agile Testing Best Practices
Agile testing framework
Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD)
Agile test automation
Wrap Up Discussion