- Integrate your test library with the application for maximum maintainability
- Build a robust, flexible, and reusable framework with the least code possible
- Design a global error handling and recovery system
- Develop test cases using data—not code
Knowledge Is Power
Whether you are just thinking of automating testing, are right in the middle of it, or have already given up, this course is for you. Learn how to evaluate your application and implement a proven framework and automation strategy that reduces code, increases maintainability, and enables non-technical users. Take advantage of the latest test automation development tools to make your job easier and less risky while improving ROI.
A Proven Approach
This course is not about theory; it is a proven, practical, step-by-step approach that can be used with any application and any test tool. It explores how to work with developers to find out what you need and get what you want, and shows you how to organize your automation project to get results as fast as possible.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone who is either planning to automate or is already involved. No technical skills or experience are required; all technical concepts will be explained. The course is tool and application neutral, but the concepts and examples are better suited to UI testing than services or APIs.
2-Day Course Outline
Principles of Automation
What is essential to test automation design?
Why you should not write code to test code
How to manage the three types of automation risk
Evaluating Your Application
What makes an application a candidate for automation?
What makes automation impossible?
What is development’s role?
Why not capture replay?
What about scripting?
What is a framework?
What are framework types?
Defining the Application Map
Four techniques for mapping your application
Essential elements of a map
Developing the Class Action Library
Designing the Execution Framework
Test environment data
When to use variables
Dynamic test data
Error Handling and Recovery
Local error handler
Global error handler
Database versus Spreadsheets
Tool or Language
Day 1: 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
Day 2: 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
Virtual Package Includes:
- Easy course access: Attend training right from your computer and easily connect your audio via computer or phone.
- Live, expert instruction: See and hear your instructor presenting the course materials and answering your questions in real-time.
- Valuable course materials: Our live-virtual training uses the same valuable course materials as our classroom training. Students will have direct access to the course materials.
- Hands-on exercises: An essential component to any learning experience is applying what you have learned. Using the latest technology, your instructor can provide students with hands-on exercises, group activities, and breakout sessions.
- Real-time communication: Communicate real-time directly with the instructor. Ask questions, provide comments, and participate in the class discussions.
- Peer interaction: Networking with peers has always been a valuable part of any classroom training. Live-virtual training gives you the opportunity to interact with and learn from the other attendees during breakout sessions, course lecture, and Q&A.
- Convenient schedule: Course instruction is divided into modules no longer than three hours per day. This schedule makes it easy for you to get the training you need without taking days out of the office and setting aside projects.
- Small class size: Live-virtual courses are limited to the same small class sizes as our instructor-led training. This provides you with the opportunity for personal interaction with the instructor.