- Learn how to focus on “what really matters”
- Actively identify, listen to, and learn from context drivers
- Create effective decision-making workflows
- Dynamically prioritize testing
- Triage ruthlessly
- Avoid wasteful re-work in all aspects of test implementation and execution
- Testing tactics which focus efforts when you have no time and limited resources
Testers often work with severe time limits
A cast-in-concrete delivery date looms on your project’s horizon. You have precious little time remaining, and the development team keeps delivering incomplete builds of unstable code. Is this a “death march” project, or can the testing team actually do something useful, or perhaps even save the day? This course reveals principals that can be applied based on successful testing experiences from outrageously turbulent projects.
Real world strategies
Robert shows how to “triage” testing focus and bug priorities; how to widen the testing net with a rich “variety” of ideas; how to build a dynamic “heap” of tests; how to always know the “last best build”; and how to actively monitor business, technological, and organizational “context” drivers.
This course is for test leads, test managers, and development managers
This course provides examples from real world experiences based on how testers have been able to deliver value in turbulent contexts. The strategies presented can be applied by test, development or project managers. Class activities are used to help delegates identify how the principals might apply in their own organization, project framework or development lifecycle models. If you are looking for effective testing strategies when time is running out, development is late, and change is rampant, this session is for you.
2-Day Course Outline
Day 1: 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
Day 2: 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
Virtual Package Includes:
- Easy course access: You attend training right from your computer, and communication is handled by a phone conference bridge utilizing Cisco’s WebEx technology. That means you can access your training course quickly and easily and participate freely.
- Live, expert instruction: See and hear your instructor presenting the course materials and answering your questions in real-time.
- Valuable course materials: Our live-virtual training uses the same valuable course materials as our classroom training. Students will have direct access to the course materials.
- Hands-on exercises: An essential component to any learning experience is applying what you have learned. Using the latest technology, your instructor can provide students with hands-on exercises, group activities, and breakout sessions.
- Real-time communication: Communicate real-time directly with the instructor. Ask questions, provide comments, and participate in the class discussions.
- Peer interaction: Networking with peers has always been a valuable part of any classroom training. Live-virtual training gives you the opportunity to interact with and learn from the other attendees during breakout sessions, course lecture, and Q&A.
- Convenient schedule: Course instruction is divided into modules no longer than three hours per day. This schedule makes it easy for you to get the training you need without taking days out of the office and setting aside projects.
- Small class size: Live-virtual courses are limited to the same small class sizes as our instructor-led training. This provides you with the opportunity for personal interaction with the instructor.