- Integrate testing into your software development process
- Establish a realistic test approach and strategy
- Understand the Test Manager’s role in reviews
- Plan, estimate, and schedule the testing effort
- Dynamically monitor, manage, and report testing activities
- Understand the Test Manager’s role in defect management
- Plan and implement test automation
- Measure test effectiveness and project progress
- Evaluate and improve your test process
- Develop new skills to lead your test team
The ISTQB® Advanced Tester Certification—Test Manager training course expands on the test techniques and methods introduced in the ISTQB Foundation certification course and addresses those areas of the ISTQB advanced syllabus specifically related to the Advanced Test Management certification.
The course focuses on the key areas that are vital for successful test management: the foundations of software testing, test management, standards and test improvement processes, and people skills.
Specific topics covered include testing as part of the software development lifecycle, metrics, test documentation, risk analysis, estimation, test management issues, test automation, process improvement models, individual skills for testers and managers, team dynamics, leadership, and motivation.
This course is filled with hands-on exercises to help you practice the methods and techniques taught in the course. This course covers the syllabus for the Advanced Test Management certification and will help you prepare for the exam.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who have taken the ISTQB Certified Tester—Foundation Level training and wish to expand their knowledge and skills into more advanced areas
- Individuals who have received the ISTQB Foundation Level certification, have met the criteria for taking the advanced certification exams, and wish to prepare for those exams. For more information regarding the criteria for taking the advanced examinations, go to www.ASTQB.org.
- Anyone wishing to learn more about advanced testing topics