- Create code that hit the “ilities” (testable, supportable, maintainable, extensible, etc.)
- Design and develop iteratively with minimal rework
- Identify code smells (patters of poor code) and learn how to fix them
- Work collaboratively with other programmers and team members
- Write effective unit tests
- Understand how to continuously integrate code
- Use test-driven development practices to create better designs
- Apply test driven development using xUnit, DbUnit, various mocking libraries and techniques, XMLUnit, Selenium, FIT and other tools
- Apply continuous integration, testing and feedback to find and fix issues while informing the design
Maximize Developer Proficiency to Achieve Development Success
Agile development methods remove barriers between your customers and the development team. As a result, the development team is responsive to business goals and gets product to market more rapidly. By attending this training developer will learn the discipline that is required in order to achieve the responsiveness and fast turnaround time required by agile so the team can get to market faster, unleash creativity, achieving both “quick wins” as well as long term sustainable success.
Learn the Essential Concepts and Tools of Effective Agile Development
This two-day agile engineering course provides participants with the skills necessary to write better code with fewer defects and to respond quickly to changing requirements. You will learn to use a deliberate and disciplined approach to tackle any development challenge and produce reliable, robust and verifiable applications.
You will learn how to effectively and confidently support agile development projects by seeing how to quickly transform customer requirements into concise and verifiable development tasks, to accurately estimate timelines and to quickly produce strong results using Agile Engineering practices such as refactoring, continuous integration, automated testing, pair programming and automated deployment. You will acquire the skills needed to provide working applications to your customers faster and to write to today’s requirements and prepare for tomorrows changes.
Who Should Attend
Developers, architects and technical leads who have a basic understanding of good programming practices and want to take their analysis, design and programming skills to a new level.