- Use lightweight but disciplined requirements approach to speed time to market while increasing quality
- Progressively elaborate from a high level vision to a user story supported with lightweight specifications
- Commit to a feature breakdown structure instead of a work breakdown structure
- Use a readiness approach to continually mature requirements and spec for Release and Sprint Planning
- Create testable business goals and use them as the true measure of success
- Write user stories, and split or combine to represent a full slice of customer value
- Use Collaborative Storing Writing, Story Mapping, Personas and Scenarios to drive the requirements: elicitation, elaboration and prioritization
- Create acceptance criteria and testable examples instead of lengthy text descriptions, to create clarity
- Use Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) to get better requirements
- Prioritize work using lightweight techniques like Selection Matrices, MoSCoW, and Voting Models
- Apply the basics of automated test
Maximize Requirements Effectiveness to Achieve Development Success
Agile development methods remove barriers between your customers and the development team. Using agile approaches, your organization will more easily meet market and customer needs while attaining its ROI objectives. Agile relies on lightweight but disciplined approaches to requirements and by attending this training, your team will increase alignment with business objectives, get to market faster, and unleash creativity, achieving both “quick wins” as well as long term sustainable success; all while having more fun.
Learn the Essential Concepts and Tools of Effective Agile Requirements
This workshop provides the participants experience dealing with complex issues facing agile teams as they use lightweight user stories and requirement to minimize time to market and maximize value delivery in dynamically changing environments. This course helps participants prioritize, define and refine requests into user stories, requirements and lightweight specifications to simplify delivery and maximize project value. The workshop presents an easy to understand model of agile requirements and functional specifications, and a way to continually mature them so that they are “ready” for Release and Sprint Planning, allowing teams to use lightweight, but highly disciplined approaches.
This course is taught by leading agile practitioners with decades of real-world industry experience at companies ranging from small businesses to the Fortune 100. Exercises, demonstrations, facilitated discussions, case studies, tool and template examples, and more are interwoven throughout the course to illustrate the principles being taught in a comprehensive fashion interactively tailored to each class’s particular needs.
Who Should Attend
Business customers, product managers, business analysts, quality analysts, and others aiming to maximize the benefit that they receive from their agile projects by learning how to better prioritize and define requirements.