- Learn the complete process of uncovering the real requirements, and ensuring their correctness
- Learn how to write universally understandable and testable requirements
- Learn how to separate the real needs from the presumed solutions
- Learn how to gather requirements in an agile environment
How to Get the Right Requirements - the First Time
Software has only one purpose—to satisfy the real needs of its user or customer. Building such software is relatively straightforward providing the real needs—in all their subtlety and concealment—have been discovered. Discovering the requirements is the role of the requirements process.
Requirements is about understanding the actual work of the business users, both the current process and what you need it to be for the future. Requirements is about discovering the product that will add long-term value to the organization—and then writing requirements that result in the developers building the exact product.
In businesses today there are more demands for cutting-edge software, and fewer resources to meet those demands. Getting it the first time is the only way to succeed under these circumstances. Today’s requirements process is incremental; it uses prototypes and scenarios; it uses agile stories, fit criteria and requirements testing to ensure you get the right result.
Requirements are the most misunderstood—yet the most crucial—part of systems development. If the requirements are wrong, you end up with loads of late re-work, or even worse, with the wrong system. Your requirements process must be your own, but it should be based on field-proven techniques and templates. This course presents the Volere process—used and improved by thousands of organizations around the world—and then shows you how you make it into your own process.
As a participant, you receive the Volere Requirements Specification Template—downloaded by more than 13,000 users—to take home with you.
Your instructor is a real-world business analyst who has written requirements for dozens of projects, and will bring you insight that only comes from significant experience.
- Earn 21 CDUs (Continuing Development Units) from the IIBA® (IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.These trademarks are used with the express permission of International Institute of Business Analysis.) It provides material and skills relevant to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK™) version 3.0.
- Each course participant receives a copy of Suzanne and James Robertson's book Mastering the Requirements Process-Third Edition. Valid for public courses only.