- Develop an integrated test automation plan and architecture specifically for your organization
- Explore proven steps for assessing your current test automation state and defining a future test automation roadmap and architecture
- Get access to templates and examples you can use to draft your own test automation plan
- Leave with a draft plan and architecture that you can begin to implement
Bonus: One hour of virtual consulting services with our expert test consultant is included with this course to help you customize your plan and architecture to fit your organization situation.
To automate our tests, we often use several tools that have been developed or acquired over time, often with little attention paid to an overall plan or architecture and no consideration for how to integrate those tools. As a result, productivity suffers and frustrations increase.
In this hands-on course, the consultant/instructor shares his experiences from multiple organizations creating an integrated test automation plan and developing a test automation architecture. With a focus on both the good (engaging the technical architecture team) and the bad (too much isolation between test automators and test designers) this course is well-suited for both large and small enterprises, enabling you to communicate the real challenges and potential benefits to your stakeholders.
While several test automation frameworks will be presented and discussed, this course focuses on helping you assess your current automation state, identify gaps, and develop an automation plan and integrated tool architecture. The consultant/instructor provides you with templates and resources to help you get started on your journey toward developing a more comprehensive strategy, plan, and integrated tool architecture. The goal is for you to be able to draft a plan specific to your organization so that as you take this course, you’re getting real work done in parallel with your learning.
Learn the approaches that ensure your current test tools—and new test tools you acquire or develop—will work well with existing testing and application lifecycle software. Explore approaches qualitatively and quantitatively measuring the value of automation.
At the end of this course you will have had the opportunity to:
- Document the current state of test automation in your organization
- Define a custom test automation plan and architecture to fit your situation
- Create an initial implementation plan
- Identify initial key measures
- Develop a metrics dashboard for tracking the value of test automation
- Lay out a future strategy and roadmap to get there
As you develop your automation plan, take advantage of one hour of review and discussion with one of our test consultants/instructors to answer questions and finalize your plan. You may schedule your consulting anytime after course purchase and beyond your 90 days of course access.
Who Should Attend
This course assumes you have a foundational understanding of testing and the purpose of automation. This course will be beneficial to anyone who is accountable for assessing, planning, designing, and implementing an integrated set of technology (testing infrastructure) that supports development, testing, and deployment. The content is appropriate for test automation engineering roles, test manager roles, test lead roles, test architect roles, as well as developer roles.