- Develop effective testing plans and strategies, execute them efficiently, and measure your results
- Design “testware” that finds important bugs more quickly and with less effort
- Prevent software defects and failures by integrating testing into your development process
- Improve your software testing practices and the quality of your organization's software
- Explore a flexible, risk-based approach to testing for both small and large organizations
The Best Fundamental Course for Any Test Professional
This course teaches the techniques necessary for you to develop and maintain a systematic, integrated software testing approach for your organization. This course details an adaptable and repeatable approach to testing that results in significantly improved software quality. Better planning, analysis, design, and implementation of tests result in happier clients and developers.
The STEP® (Software Test and Evaluation Process) approach described in this course emphasizes prevention of the software defects and stresses continuous improvement for lasting benefits. The STEP® process has been implemented in hundreds of testing organizations and integrated into many different software development life cycle methodologies.
Know What You've Done—and When You're Done
Understanding and managing risk helps you focus on the important testing issues. Trace your tests back to requirements, design, and code to reveal what you have tested and what remains to be tested. This course leads you through test planning, test analysis, and test execution, showing you how to set-and then effectively satisfy-your testing goals.
Who Should Attend
The audience includes test professionals, test managers, project leaders, quality analysts, and developers. No specific prerequisites are assumed. However, attendees are expected to be have some software experience.