- Reduce the number of test cases you need to design, create, and execute
- Find more defects and increase test coverage
- Focus on the “edges” of your system where many of the defects hide
- Create efficient and effective test cases that cover multiple inputs
- Document complex business rules, ensure their integrity, and test them thoroughly
- Document and thoroughly test critical events and time sequences
- Create tests from use cases, a popular method for writing requirements
- Understand the role of stories in agile development and testing
- Create reduced sets of tests for large blocks of information using pair based methods
- Explore and test the software simultaneously by tapping into your knowledge and experience
- Recognize how defects can improve the test analysis and design process
- Understand non-functional attributes of software and how to focus the test efforts
The ISTQB® Certification Advanced Test Analyst Course expands on the test techniques and methods introduced in the ISTQB Foundation certification. This course covers the topics as defined in the 2013 Advanced Test Analyst Syllabus leading towards the Advanced Test Analyst certification. There are seven general topics covered; the testing process, test management, test techniques, testing software quality characteristics, reviews, defect management, and tools. The focus is on testing techniques and methods and understanding the requirements for testing the characteristics of software beyond functionality. Specific techniques addressed include equivalence partitioning, boundary value testing, classification trees, decision tables, cause-effects diagrams, state diagrams and tables, pair-wise techniques, use cases, user stories, domain analysis, and experience-based and defect-based techniques. Additional focus is placed on the two non-functional aspects relating to software quality characteristics based on the ISO 9126 and include functionality and usability. Technical non-functional characteristics are included for familiarity and include reliability, efficiency, maintainability, and portability.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who have received the ISTQB Foundation Level certification and have met the criteria of their specific country board for taking the advanced certification exams. Qualifications for the exams can be located on the individual country ISTQB board web site. For the United States it is ASTQB.org. All other countries board sites can be found on ISTQB.org.